information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to—
- information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- the biometric information of the person;
- the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person
or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
What we collect and how we collect it
We collect information, such as:
- Name and address;
- Phone/e-mail contact details;
The personal information we actually collect varies depending on the purposes for which it was collected.
It is our usual practice to collect personal information directly from the individual. We collect data and process data when you:
- Fill out a contact form to engage with us.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
We may also collect anonymous traffic data on our website to improve our services and personalise our advertising.
Why we collect your personal information and how we use it
We only collect, use, and disclose personal information where that information is reasonably necessary for purposes which are directly related to one or more of our functions or activities.
- Processing of orders made on the website
- Provision of our services;
- Marketing and
UHURU PRODUCTIONS PTY LTD would like to send you information about our offerings and activities that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us using the details below.
We use your information to process your orders you may make on the website. We might share this information with third parties in order to fulfil your order.
You may request at any time that you remain anonymous when dealing with us or use a pseudonym, and to the extent that it is lawful and practicable for us to enable you to do so, we will accommodate that request. However, if personal information is not provided in full where we have indicated that it is required or when it is otherwise requested, we may not be able to process your orders and our employees, contractors and consultants may not be able to provide services to you, either in an effective manner or at all.
We only disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was given to us, or for purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities, unless required to disclose it by law, unless we have your consent, or unless one of the following situations apply:
We may also use external service providers to provide us with certain outsourced services, such as helping us with our marketing or delivery of good and or services. These service providers are required to sign confidentiality agreements to maintain the privacy of your information and we only disclose your personal information to them to the extent necessary for them to perform the services we have requested.
We do not give information about you to government agencies, organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- You have consented;
- You would expect us to or we have told you we will;
- we are required to by law;
- we believe on reasonable grounds that disclosure is required to prevent or lessen significant risk to your life or physical, mental or emotional health or that of another person;
- we take appropriate action in relation to a reasonable suspicion of unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities;
- disclosure is required to assist any entity, body or person to locate a person who has been reported as missing;
- disclosure is made for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending a legal or equitable claim; or
- disclosure is made for the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution process.
We will never sell your personal information to a third party.
We (or our service providers on our behalf) may collate information about you and your preferences, and evaluate certain things about you, to create a profile to personalise our communication and interaction with you.
We (or our service providers on our behalf) may also use personal information to identify market segments and use that information for data analytics and direct marketing.
We do not engage in any automated profiling which may result in decisions having a legal or similar material impact on you.
We (or our service providers on our behalf) may use your name, street address, email address and phone number to conduct data analytics, including the creation of look-alike audiences.
We use the results of data analytics for a range of purposes, including marketing, product and service development, and policy development.
In conducting such data analytics, we will also collect personal information about others from our third party service providers.
We do not use sensitive information for data analytics.
INFORMATION QUALITY, ACCESS AND CORRECTION
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date. These steps include maintaining and updating personal information when we are advised by individuals that their personal information has changed and at other times as necessary.
You are in control of any personal information you provide to us. If at any time, you would like to correct the personal information we have about you or if you would like to change your preferences for contact from us, you can let us know by contacting us at the email or postal addresses listed below.
You can access the personal information we currently hold about you or request that we change that personal information at any time. We endeavour to respond to any such request within a reasonable period. We will allow access or make the changes unless we consider that there is a sound reason under the POPI Act or other relevant law to withhold the information. If we cannot agree to make requested changes to personal information, we will provide you a written notice which sets out the reasons for our refusal and the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal.
We will attach this statement to our records. You may also request access to personal information we hold about you in archive for legal and administrative reasons, which are not current records [but if you do, we may charge you a reasonable fee for the cost of providing access if it is relevant].
There is no cost associated with making a request for access to or correction of your personal information [but there may be a cost associated with accessing that personal information]. You can obtain further information about how to request access or changes to the information we hold about you by contacting us (see details below).
If you wish to allow another person to access your details (e.g. family member) you need to notify us in writing and it will be noted on your record.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information. By withdrawing consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior to it being withdrawn.
In some cases, you may have the right to access any data we used as input to create a profile about you, as well as the profile itself.
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
These steps include a properly configured firewall, encrypted transmission of electronic data where required/appropriate, up-to-date anti-virus software, regular monitoring of all network traffic and strict access control policies on electronic data. There is also securing of paper files in locked cabinets and physical access restriction to these files.
When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
SPECIFIC INFORMATION COLLECTION DETAILS
This section further details the specific methods of personal information collection we undertake and how that information is used.
We collect personal information from customers in order to process/receipt their purchases and to fulfil their orders in terms of deliverable items.
This personal information may include:
- Name and address
- Your date of birth
- Telephone/e-mail contact details
We also use the information to customise and send electronic communications as well as to draw reports on this communication.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- To collect non-identifying statistical information on how many people visit our website, what country/city/region they are from, which browser/operating system they are using and pages viewed on the website
- To allow functionality for the user within our website
- Keeping you signed in if applicable
- For use of third party advertising or social media services to enable tracking and retargeting for online marketing material. We have Google and Facebook tags that collect cookies for our digital advertising activity. We then show remarketing ads to people that have visited our website.
By using this site, you agree that we may place these types of cookies on your device.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – UHURU PRODUCTIONS PTY LTD uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – UHURU PRODUCTIONS PTY LTD uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. UHURU PRODUCTIONS PTY LTD sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
We would like to make sure that you are aware of the following rights that you have:
- The right to access – You have the right to request UHURU PRODUCTIONS PTY LTD for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that UHURU PRODUCTIONS PTY LTD correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request CLIENT NAME to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that UHURU PRODUCTIONS PTY LTD erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that UHURU PRODUCTIONS PTY LTD restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that UHURU PRODUCTIONS PTY LTD transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for profiling, data analytics, or direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the Information Regulator (South Africa).
To the extent that there is no conflict and that the level of protection of the individual is higher under European law, we will look to apply the higher standard because of the importance we place on protecting individuals’ right to privacy, regardless of nationality or location.
Questions/complaints about privacy:
- Call 011 339 1063
- By e-mail to email@example.com
- Mail us at Privacy Officer, UHURU PRODUCTIONS PTY LTD, CLIENT MAIL ADDRESS
- We will endeavour to respond to complaints within 14 days of their receipt. If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Information Regulator (South Africa) (see gov.za/inforeg).
For more information please contact our office:
6th Floor, SAMRO House
20 De Korte Street